What this means:
1. This is not blind distribution of medicine with no control. The legislature demands full transparency & disclosure (not available to patients in clinical trials). In trials, patients have no idea what they are getting if anything! There is no patient, only guinea pigs.
2. There is oversight control by an Institutional Review Board. There will not be rampant, unchecked treatments or “growth motivated by cash only.”
Standard FDA clinical trials regulate only how DRUGS are brought to market. Adult stem cell therapies are not drugs, they are a procedure, a process, a protocol & must be treated differently in the courts & in practice like PRPs (which are legal. 2x standard?). It was way past time to end the idea: ‘the result of all medical intervention is a prescription drug.’ “Give a small boy a hammer, & he will find that everything he encounters needs pounding,” Texas is unburdened from the yoke of those blinded by a faith in a system that demands the mandatory adherence to “one size fits all,” “one size fits drugs,” “drugs fit all.”
Adult stem cells have a proven record of safety & efficacy in studies & trials around the world – thousands of them. American medical professionals are so Ameri-centric, they throw away or ignore anything conducted outside the USA…when our health system is ranked 37th in the world. This arrogance is suspect. “We’re 7th in literacy, 27th in math, 22nd in science, 49th in life expectancy,178 in infant mortality…” and the US throws away other country’s clinical trials & studies? Perhaps we should throw away our entire medical system & start from scratch or at least start taking pointers from some other countries on how to improve our health care/medical system…countries who apparently do a better job at it than we do like ranked 27th to 36th: United Arab Emirates, Israel, Morocco, Canada, Finland, Australia, Chile, Denmark, Dominica and Costa Rica.
With our CLINICAL TRIAL system, a human patient is used as a Guinea pig & sacrificed for the patient of tomorrow, blindly & randomly given medications or not, given placebos or not or given nothing. They are Guinea pigs by definition. There is no patient, there is no empowerment, there are no rights, there is no agenda for healing. The health of one patient is sacrificed today for the health of patients of tomorrow whom apparently have more value. Categorization of any human patient as dispensable, even in order to generate data for a drug treatment to be sold to a different patient tomorrow, is reprehensible. Clinical trials = no agenda for healing today.
With ADULT STEM CELL TREATMENTS, a human is given a therapy today intended to heal that person today. That person. Their health, their survival, that patient is of paramount importance. Their life has value, today. Adult stem cell treatments are simply, a treatment today, paid for today, for a human today to heal today, live today and into tomorrow.
I guess you can be a Guinea Pig for future patients tomorrow or you can be an empowered patient for yourself today. All this legislature does, is give you the choice. In the end, our choices are all we ever have.
- TEXAS OKs EXPERIMENTAL STEM CELL THERAPY LIMITS!!! April 13, 2012
- TEXAS – PERRY – STEM CELLS – NEW RULING April 13, 2012
- WHY IS THE USA SO DAMN BEHIND? HAVE A HEART April 12, 2012
- A history of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) and stem cells April 11, 2012
- Stem Cell Injections in Lou Gehrig’s Disease can be Given Safely April 11, 2012
- MEDICAL BOARD’s proposed stem-cell policy under fire – Part 2 April 9, 2012
- MEDICAL BOARD Gives Early OK to Adult Stem Cell Rules – Part 1 April 9, 2012
- FDA APPROVES FIRST CORD BLOOD PRODUCT April 4, 2012
- STEM CELLS ARE BAD!!! IT’S A CON!!! CAVEAT EMPTOR!!! April 4, 2012
- DRIVING THE FDA DUNE BUGGY INTO THE STEM CELL OCEAN April 4, 2012
- FDA’s New Claim: “Your Body Is a Drug—and We Have the Authority to Regulate It!” March 21,2012
- ABORTION, EMBRYONIC STEM CELLS, CRICHTON and PHARMA March 19,2012